The puffs are hot on the outside and cold on the inside, crispy on the outside and smooth on the inside, with an excellent taste. Puffs are made by first making bread with water, cream, flour and eggs, then infusing the bread with cream, chocolate or ice cream.
The puffs can be sprinkled with a layer of powdered sugar, dried nuts, chocolate sauce, coconut, etc.
How to make puffs.
Selection principle of puff raw materials:
All-purpose flour is best for puffs because it has moderate gluten.
There are many types of oils, and the oiliness is different, which also has a certain impact on the quality of the puffs. To make puffs, use high- and low-melting fats, such as butter and salad oil.
Eggs should be fresh and the amount should be appropriate.
In puffs, salt not only regulates and accentuates flavor, but also enhances the toughness of the batter. It is an auxiliary raw material for puffs, and adding a small amount can make puffs more delicious.
Ingredients: 50 grams of butter, 130 grams of water, 8 grams of sugar, 1 gram of salt, 75 grams of all-purpose flour, 2 to 3 eggs, and an appropriate amount of cream.
1. Choose a heavy-bottomed non-stick pan, add 50 grams of butter, 130 grams of water, 8 grams of sugar, and 1 gram of salt to the pot, stir well, and bring to a boil.
2. Be sure to cook until the butter is completely melted, fully boil, add 75 grams of flour, turn to low heat, stir fry quickly, and then stir fry slowly over low heat.
Remember to fully boil the butter in the pan, then add the flour, stir fry and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Prepare 2~3 eggs and beat well, but the amount of eggs should be adjusted according to the dryness and humidity of the batter.
4. Add the eggs to the batter several times, stirring well after each addition until absorbed.
5. Finally stir until an inverted triangle appears on the spatula.
6. Put the batter into a piping bag and squeeze it in layers on the baking sheet. When squeezing the puffs, you can turn on the oven and preheat it to 200 degrees and put it in the oven to bake.
7. You can make some cream, squeeze the cream into the small puffs, and the puffs are ready. The mini puffs are super tasty and crunchy without the need for whipping cream.
Precautions when making puffs.
1. Soft butter should be used. If the butter is too hard, it can easily affect the properties of the batter.
2. Only add the egg liquid after the batter has cooled to prevent the egg liquid from being scalded.
3. Squeeze the whipped cream into the cooled puffs.
This little dessert with a strong French romantic flavor has deeply conquered the taste buds of people all over the world.